Solved

Bounced email impacting campaign send

• 18 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

We have a customer who is not receiving our emails since one of our campaigns bounced. We don't send campaigns to users who have bounced emails two times in the last 365 days. As in his activity feed we can only see the 'Bounced Email via Klaviyo' once, we would like to know why he is not receiving campaigns anymore.

Is there any reason this is happening, and how it can be fixed? 
Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 18 October 2021, 21:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Gabriela,

Thanks for posting this to the Community! 

In this case, the best way to check why a customer might be bounced already would be to go in and check the bounce log to see if it was because of a hard bounce. 

• hard bounce occurs when an email cannot be delivered due to a permanent reason. This could be caused by a variety of reasons, including a misspelled email. Klaviyo automatically suppresses any email address that hard bounces. (source)

To see overall bounces across all campaigns, view the Campaign Trends Report. Additionally, you can use segments to identify addresses that have hard or soft bounced.

Off the top of my head, my suspicion is that the profile got suppressed after one bounce because a suspicious email address, incorrect email, or regarding DMARC for whichever platform it may be; I don’t think it was because a campaign filter error. Then again, this can all be determined after checking the logs and reasoning behind it.

Please report back if you find any bugs or anomalies!

Alex

Badge +3

Hi Alex! 

Thanks for clarifying it!

Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

No problem @Gabriela! Glad I could help!