Business Emails Bouncing

• 20 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a solution to business email addresses constantly bouncing? It seems like inbox filters for non-mainstream inbox providers have some sort of filter that bounces emails from Klaviyo. 

We have tried shortening emails, changing the text to image ratio and still no luck. Would a dedicated sending domain solve this issue? Hesitant to do that with some of my accounts because they are smaller (2000 contacts) and benefit from being on the Klaviyo shared IP.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @BryanzaleLP,

Thank you for sharing this with the Klaviyo community.

For starters, I recommend having a look at @retention’s awesome reply in the thread below

that outlines the main reasons why you’d see bounces for emails coming from a specific business domain. Let me know if I am correct in assuming that’s what you meant here.

If it is in fact a DKIM/SPF or DMARC issue (even if bounces are not specific to a certain domain), a short term test/solution would be to set your DMARC policy to p=none, which will tell inboxes to accept emails even if they fail DMARC. If you notice emails aren’t bouncing after that, you can consider the longer term solution of switching to a dedicated sending domain to fix the issue. If you do go this route, it’ll be important to warm your infrastructure. And there’s a guide on that here.

Lastly, you may find the following thread of interest which discuses DMARC in more detail:

I would also look at the type of bounce, if it’s hard or soft because those indicate different types of issues. More information on that here.

I hope that’s helpful!

Badge +8

This is really great information @retention I will forward this on to my team as well!

Thanks @Dov !!