Solved

Campaign didn't send as scheduled and stuck in "Ready and waiting" status

• 11 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi all, I scheduled a campaign to go out during a specific time this evening (not recipient local time) and it still hasn’t sent almost 1 hour later. It appears to be stuck in the campaign’s “Ready and waiting” status which I don’t understand. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to troubleshoot the issue? Klaviyo live chat support shut down at 5pm ET and my email was scheduled to send at 6pm ET, so live support isn’t available tonight to help me with this.

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by DanaP 11 November 2021, 01:02

View original

6 replies

My apologies, please disregard my inquiry. As it turns out it is completely user error. I set the wrong time zone and therefore that is why it didn’t send as expected. I just canceled and rescheduled my campaign, this time paying very close attention to the time zone.

Enjoy your evening!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @DanaP

I’m glad you found a solution to your problem and thank you very much for sharing what the error was! I know we all have days like that, you’re not alone.

Thanks for sharing your question ( and answer!) in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi,

this has just happened to me today.

I scheduled a newsletter to send at GMT time and didn’t send.

After 25mins waiting, I edited the campaign manually and used the “send now” command. It arrived to my inbox immediately.

Recipients are the same as previous campaigns (which had no issues) - I’m one of those recipients.

Timezone was correct too.

Does someone know why this may have happened? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @TBW

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Very sorry to hear of the inconvenience you’ve experienced of your campaign not sending properly! Would love to try to get to the bottom of this. 

Can you confirm that the email was sending in a specific time zone of GMT vs. ‘sending by timezone’? As the latter will send over the next 24 hours separately to each timezone. 

However, if you can confirm that it was sent in GMT time zone, do you possibly pause your campaign for any reason? Once a campaign has been paused, it will not send out until you schedule it again. This is a security provision in place to prevent a campaign from inadvertently sending while you are still making live edits. We do our best to call this out in a popup that appears when you try to navigate away from the page without scheduling it.

Additionally, the analytics in Klaviyo don't update in real time, so you won't expect to see deliveries/opens/etc for up to an hour after send time. If there's a particular recipient you're concerned received a campaign late, please let us know and we can see if there were any inbox issues/deferrals, etc. 

If none of the possibilities are the potential issue and you would like more insight into the matter, or if this happens again, I would recommend contacting our awesome support team as they have the tools to investigate this deeper! 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi Taylor,

thanks for getting back to me.

The newsletter are indeed set to send at GMT time.

This issue has happened more than twice now.

They’re saved and “ready” to go so I don’t know why this is happening.

Aftter waiting for 15min/30min then I edit the campaign and change it to “send now”, then it works and I receive the campaign immediately! (I’m in my own mailing list).

Do you know what could cause this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @TBW

I would recommend contacting our awesome support team as they have the tools to investigate this deeper! I would also be grateful is you shared out whatever they find to potentially face other members who might experience this in the future!

-Taylor