Solved

Can a browse abandonment flow email be skipped if it contains a product the customer has already purchased?

• 2 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
  • Active Contributor II
  • 20 replies

Does anyone know if we can skip the browse abandonment flow emails if someone browses a product they have already purchased? Or at least hide it in the email itself..

I know it probably doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it’s not a good customer experience..

I already have in the rules “has not purchased since starting flow”, and “has not been in this flow for the past 14 days”.

If there’s not a solution for this, maybe Klaviyo can add it to their product roadmap?

icon

Best answer by Dov 3 September 2021, 15:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Travis,

Thanks for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community.

Currently, there isn’t a way to only exclude the specific item the user purchased in a browse abandonment email. However, that is a great idea!

In terms of a workaround, depending on the number of categories or collections you have, you could set up a browse abandonment flow for each collection and use a trigger filter in each flow for that discrete collection. For example, browse abandonment flow A with a trigger filter to only include items from collection A and a flow filter “placed order zero times over all time for collection A”. Also add in your existing flow filters: “has not purchased since starting flow”, and “has not been in this flow for the past 14 days”. All separated by “AND” separators. Repeat this for each collection by cloning the first browse abandonment flow.

In addition to this, I will push a proposal to the product team to look into building out a “cleaner” feature to make this a possibility. 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

Hi @Dov - 

I am running into the same concern as Travis - are there any updates on this one? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am also wanting this feature! Hope it’s in the works.