Solved

Can I Create a Post Purchase SMS Flow to send Product Suggestions based on Customer's Purchase Behavior?

• 27 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello!  We are trying to understand if this situation is possible and if anyone has achieved something similar.  Our client wants automatically send SMS text messages to customers, with links to the URL pages of products they have purchased -- but only for the NEW products they have purchased (their basket  may include a mix of new and previously purchased items). The goal is to provide a sort of “Thank you for purchasing, read more about your new product” marketing initiative.

Do you know how we can achieve this? I know we can setup a “Flow” that will be triggered post-purchase. But I’m not familiar with how / or whether Klaviyo can know only about a customer’s new vs previous purchase history, and only send them links related to their new purchases.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 29 September 2021, 01:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @syncinteractive

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! 

I love to see great, personalized ideas like this find its way into the Community! Unfortunately, unless this kind of data is saved as a  Custom Property, at this point in time, there is no way for Klaviyo to identify a product being a ‘new’ or unique product purchase for a user in a Flow. However, I will submit this as a feature request as it is a brilliant idea! 

Klaviyo can distinguish between the quantity of orders per user and identify what is in their order, but cannot determine if it’s unique to a customer’s past item purchase history. However, a potential workarounds for a similar effect would be to create a Post-Purchase Flow, as you mentioned, and create Conditional Splits in the Flow based on the certain category of items purchased. You could then provide relevant URL pages per each Flow email with more information depending on the category of purchased products. 

Additionally, I would consider obtaining product preferences from your customers and storing them as Profile Properties, mentioned above if you haven’t already. This will allow you to further personalize the customers’ journey in your company through flows and campaigns and narrow your email marketing to hit its target with more precision! 

Finally, If this feature becomes available, it should be noted that this type of content is best for an email flow as the Content of a SMS message is limited to 160 characters.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor