Solved

Can I create dynamic download links?

• 8 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi there, 

We sell electrical products and I want to send our customers a set up guide a few days after their purchase, so they don’t have any issues with setting up thier devices.

So far I’ve learnt how to dynalically add the product name, an image of the product because that information is stored by Klaviyo.

However I don’t know what to do for the button. 

I want to be able to show a different button url based on what the product is. 

This URL is a hosted PDF which they’ll download and then be able to see how to set up the device.  

Let me know if there is a solution for this. 

icon

Best answer by David To 9 August 2022, 16:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @max.bicknell,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

There are actually several ways I think you can accomplish this! The easiest and most common methods would be either creating product specific flows or building in conditional/trigger splits in a singular flow. Both methods are explained in our Creating a Product-Specific Flow Help Center article where you’ll serve a targeted experience and/or email to someone who has purchased a specific product. This way, users who purchase Electronic A will be provided an email which houses a static link to download the PDF instructions. 

On the same lines, another option would be using our show/hide function. The show/hide feature allows you to target your email content based on information about the email’s recipient. Using this feature you can include multiple button each linking to different download instructions which would only be shown based on the products the recipient is purchasing. One benefit to this method is that it’s all built out in a singular email.

Depending on your setup, an additional possibility would be storing these URLs as profile properties to be referenced in your emails or even be used to build your dynamic URLs. I’ve previously mentioned this sort of strategy in the below Community post:

Overall, there are a number of ways to accomplish what you’re looking to do, but it would all depend on your preference, your setup, etc. You also wouldn’t be limited to the strategies above. I’m sure other members in the Community may have ideas that I haven’t touched upon that work just as well too!

It may be helpful for you to take a look at some of the past Community posts that touch upon this subject as well:

I hope this helps!

David