Solved

Can I send a different email based on the A/B test email the customer received?

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am creating a post purchase email flow and I am A/B Testing the discount code we offer. Let’s say we’re offering 10% and 15% discount. Is there a way I can build the flow such that recipients get a specific email depending on which discount they had been offered? 

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Dov 29 July 2021, 15:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @thewaeve,

Thank you for sharing this question with our Community!

Yes, if you use a conditional split using the condition: “What somebody has done (or not done) > Received Email > at least once (over all time) > where Message Variation = X. You can place people who received the first variation down the “Yes” path of the split, and everyone who has not received Variation A will go down the “No” path of the split. Then include your other emails down each leg of the split.

In practice, it would look something like the following:

Is there a way to do this, but with a set of campaigns? 

We run a set of 3 sales emails at the end of the month which, similarly, we like to AB test with discount %, but I end up making 2 lists to ensure the same people receive the same % value for all 3 emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LivB 

Thanks for following up with this topic!

When it comes to campaigns, the best solution currently would be to set up segments with these conditions to ensure customers are receiving the correct emails. From the sounds of it, this is what you are already doing when you said you make 2 list? Using the segments will allow you to dynamically populate those who should received each email and then target your campaigns to those segments. 

Hope this helps!