Solved

Can I use Klaviyo to automatically send selected content from my blog each time I publish a new post?

• 17 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’ve been writing and sending a email to my subscribers once a week for the last 20 months. I want that content to live on my Shopify website as a series of blog posts that can be referred to again and again by subscribers. I want to send an announcement each week that a new blog post is up...the post title, an excerpt and perhaps a graphic would ideally be in the email. 

Is there an integration that will do this? Is Klaviyo partnered with any Blog apps on Shopify? Is there another way to get this done?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 17 November 2022, 23:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @BeanMaster ,

Welcome to the Community.

Although there isn’t a direct integration we are partnered with, I think it is still possible for you to host and upload your blogs to your site. 

All you have to do is export the newsletters as HTML then import them into your Shopify environment. Here are some docs worth reading: 

There's unfortunately no way to send a "weekly" flow email using Klaviyo.  Klaviyo flows need a trigger action in order to send.

To accomplish this you will need to pre-schedule campaign emails weekly for however long into the future you'd like, cloning should make this process easier after scheduling the first.  Just be sure to select the option for "determine recipients at send time" so that your lists and segments update.

You are able to automatically populate your blog posts in an email, however. Although the process is a bit technical, we have a guide for this here: Guide to Adding a Custom Web Feed in an Email.

Badge +1

Thanks for the links and outline of a solution @alex.hong 
Just to be clear, If I don’t have the technical chops to execute “adding a custom web feed in an email” I think this is what you’re saying I need to do:

1. Write my newsletter in Klaviyo like I’ve been doing, but don’t send it until..
  2. Export the newsletter to HTML
  3. Create a blog page in Shopify
  4. Insert the exported HTML into the blog page
  5. Publish the blog.
  6. Copy the URL of the Blog post
  7. Go back to Klavio and create the Blog announcement by deleting everything in the newsletter except the Title, Excerpt and Graphic, and add the URL of the Shopify blog page into the newsletter.
  8. Send the newsletter from Klaviyo.

Regarding a Klaviyo flow and an action trigger: Because you said that a Klaviyo flow won’t work because it needs an action trigger, I’m guessing that you’re saying that Shopify does not generate an event / trigger when a blog page is published? Or perhaps Shopify does generate a trigger but Klaviyo does not have access to it? Or (most likely) I don’t understand what a trigger is or is not? :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @BeanMaster ,

If technical work is not your expertise, I would recommend working with one of our Klaviyo Partners to assist with building this out.

When it comes to blog posting and sending info back to Klaviyo, I think shopify’s support team would be a good resource to check in with to get details about what info they can send or integrate using Klaviyo with for blogs.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +1

@alex.hong ,

I realize I did not post the steps as a question...but I mean them as such. Are the steps I’ve outlined, the steps I need to go through to email a blog excerpt / announcement? 

I think this is what you’re saying I need to do:??

1. Write my newsletter in Klaviyo like I’ve been doing, but don’t send it until..
  2. Export the newsletter to HTML
  3. Create a blog page in Shopify
  4. Insert the exported HTML into the blog page
  5. Publish the blog.
  6. Copy the URL of the Blog post
  7. Go back to Klavio and create the Blog announcement by deleting everything in the newsletter except the Title, Excerpt and Graphic, and add the URL of the Shopify blog page into the newsletter.
  8. Send the newsletter from Klaviyo.

Thank you for your help.

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @BeanMaster ,

Yes you can try those steps and see if that is a sustainable workflow for you to follow.

Thanks,

Alex