Solved

Can you schedule a campaign to send out monthly, automatically?

• 20 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I would like to send a monthly newsletter that contains a selection of the new products added to my site in the past 30 days.

I have set up a product feed in Klaviyo that contains only the new items, and I have added this feed into an email template.  Easy so far.  

What I can’t figure out is how to get Klaviyo to automatically send the email out every 30 days. 

I tried setting it up as a Campaign, but I don’t want to have to log in and manually send it, and I would prefer not to set up 6-12 emails with future scheduling in advance if I can help it (and anyway, it would be great if I could do A/B testing on send times).  

I tried to create a flow with a time delay, but it doesn’t look like you can create a loop.  I guess I could just keep adding 30-day time delays and cloning the emails for a year or two in advance, but that seems onerous.

Does anyone know if Klaviyo supports a more sophisticated and easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Max

icon

Best answer by Omar 21 January 2021, 02:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@stuedma so you probably can't set this up like you'd want it to but there are some workarounds.

In order for this to work you should have a date field (added to a profile) that you can use to reference of. This works similarly to a birthday or anniversary flow. https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002732652-Guide-to-Creating-a-Date-Property-Triggered-Flow. Then have it trigger for every month.

For the product-feed I can't think of a way to do this within Klaviyo but if you could add tags or have a specific collection in your backend which you update each month you could use that collection information to setup a specific productfeed. 

Hope my answers helps

Badge +2

Thanks Omar.  I’ll check out the Date Property Trigger and see how it works.

I’m fine with the product-feed, this was easy to set up.  I just set it to pick up products with a “New” tag that I added in Shopify.