Solved

Capturing Account registration on Shopify.

• 3 June 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

What is an efficient way to trigger a welcome email to customers that register on our store? Can this be achieved with Klaviyo?

My ideal flow would be, someone creates a new account on our store, we send them a welcome email, or if they’re a corporate customer we send them a welcome corporate customer email.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 5 June 2021, 14:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

HI @C6Dev,

You can set up an API call to our subscribe to list endpoint to route the new registrant to your mailing list. I would also recommend setting up an identify call so that if you want to cookie the registrant (to see when they come back to your website and view products). I would also recommend bringing over the profile properties of “customer type = corporate” so that moving forward we can filter these customers.

Once you have these contacts routing to your mailing list(s), you’ll be able to trigger a welcome series if they’re a corporate customer. 

Have a nice weekend!

Julie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @C6Dev,

Building off of @julie.accardo’s point, since you are using Shopify, there are some adjustments you can make to the Shopify registration/account creation form to allow contacts who signup to also be added to a Klaviyo list.

I would also recommend looking at a comment I’ve made in the following Community post surrounding a similar subject:

Hope this helps!

David