Solved

Collect Email on Step 1 of Woocommerce Checkout (Klaviyo)

• 23 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Plugins Used For Woocommerce Checkout:

- Woocommerce
- Woocommerce Subscriptions

- Klaviyo (WooCommerce Integration)

- Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce (Pro) (By Theme High)
- Multi-Step Checkout for WooCommerce (Pro) (By Theme High)

Description: Using "Multi-Step Checkout for WooCommerce" Plugin to breakup steps in the checkout process. On step 1 I have used the multistep plugin to add an email collection field but unfortunately completing step 1 does not collect the email. 

Issue: It seems the entire checkout process needs to be completed before this happens on all the steps of the checkout process. I want this step 1 to already collect the email address so even if the client does not move to step 2 and does not enter their checkout details we get the email.

Another request I have is that the emails collected are somehow grouped or tag'd indicating the product that was added to cart. Like an abandoned cart but not having entered any checkout details except entering their email on step 1.

icon

Best answer by Dov 23 July 2021, 20:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Mike01,

Thanks for sharing this question with the Community.

With respect to your first question, there isn’t a way for Klaviyo to control when the email is collected on the checkout page if you are using a separate plug-in to modify the standard WooCommerce checkout page. You may want to check in with Woo or perhaps another member of the community can share their experience using another plug-in that may be able to accomplish your end-goal in this case.

On your second request to do with added to cart. We recently added a feature that supports logging an Added to Cart metric for WooCommerce. You can find more information on this here.

I hope that helps! Have a great weekend.