Solved

Conditional Split - emails not delivering to 50% random split

• 15 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi All!

Wondering if anyone might be able to help with this...My conditional split set to send to a random 50% sample doesn’t seem to be sending to them. I set up this split up and set it to live a while ago (several weeks?) and it still doesn’t seem to  be sending to anyone on this side. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Daniel F13 15 February 2022, 20:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Daniel F13 

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for help with your conditional split!

I have one quick question for you, was this flow already active when you added the conditional split and set it to active? or was this a net new flow? If the flow was already active with customers in it, they will only continue down the yes path. Only newly added customers to the flow will be evaluated for the 50% sample split. If this is a net new flow please let me know so we can dig deeper into why the conditional split is not working.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks @stephen.trumble it was already active at the time of the creation of the conditional split. It sounds like from what you’re saying that it would be 75 days from the time of the publishing of this split before a customer would enter that side of the flow, if I understand you correctly.

Sounds to me like it might be better to create a variation of the email message instead? Is that what you would recommend in this case?

Thanks again so much!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Daniel F13 !

You got it correct! It will take 75 days from the time the conditional split was set to active before the customers who were added to the flow will go through the split. However, i would not suggest changing it at this point as there are likely already customers who have been added to the flow since the split went live. If you were to set up a new flow with the same triggers, filters, time delay and conditional split, your customers are still going to have to wait the 75 days until you start seeing the results from your split. Normally the flow evaluates profiles each step of the way and will automatically put them down the correct path based on your conditions, but with the random sample condition, anyone already in the flow will not be evaluated for the random sample which is why you aren't seeing customers moving through the split yet. One additional question for this random sample condition, are you trying to run an A/B test on this flow branch? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks @stephen.trumble we were trying to test a new flow variation. My thoughts would have been just to test at the message level with variations, but it was set up conditionally. Wondering if it works to just delete the conditional split and just add variations to the messages of the existing flow?

Thanks again for all the prompt attention. Much appreciated!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@Daniel F13 I think it would be a great idea to remove the split and add variations to your email template within the flow! How to A/B test Flow Emails covers how to add variation into an individual email. You may still need to back-populate the flow to make sure that anyone already waiting for the email gets the correct send.