Solved

Create a flow for a review after an event is finished

• 5 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I need help to figure out how to set up a flow where the trigger is an email asking for a review one week after the event is done. We are an event planning business and the goal is to ask the clients a review 1 week after the event is over. 

I feel like the only options are “date created” “last active” and “first active”. Is there a way for me to create a custom option such as “event date” so that the trigger works?

Thank you,

Marie

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 April 2022, 16:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @evenementsglamour,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

I need help to figure out how to set up a flow where the trigger is an email asking for a review one week after the event is done. We are an event planning business and the goal is to ask the clients a review 1 week after the event is over. 

I feel like the only options are “date created” “last active” and “first active”. Is there a way for me to create a custom option such as “event date” so that the trigger works?

Thank you,

Marie

Yes, that’s very well possible! In order to make this work, you’d need the date of the event to exist on at least one customer profile in a valid date format i.e. MM/DD/YYYY. This can be achieved in a number of different ways - through a .csv upload of this property to X amount of user profiles, through a Klaviyo sign-up form, or another 3rd party form that sends us date-based data. Or you can ask for data from existing customers. We go over the various methods of collecting this information from customers in our documentation here

Once that date property is expressed on the Klaviyo profile(s) as a custom property, set up your date-triggered flow and select your property (i.e. event date) as the trigger. Then simply add in a 7-day delay followed by the email.

If you plan to host multiple events, (given your business, it sounds like that may be the case). Then I’d consider setting up a custom event (something like “Event Ended” using our Track API) to hit the profiles that attended the event. If you use this event as a metric-trigger, then it will send to users each time the event fires (in other words, each time the event ends). This solution involves using our API (review guide here, and FAQ here), and you can reach out to one of our partners for technical assistance if you wish. Our partner page is located here.

I hope that’s helpful!

Badge +2

It worked! Amazing thank you so much!!