Solved

Creating Multiple Product-Specific Flow

• 25 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi there

My company sells products ( let’s call them 1,2,3,4….20.) Each specific product has specific ingredients and topical information that I would like to share with the purchaser in my post purchase flow. 

If someone purchases product 6, they would merely run through the post purchase flow #6, great. But what happens if someone purchases product 6,7 and 8. Is there a way for me to send them a selection / hybrid of content from each flow? 

My aim is to personalise the content I send customers but ensure enrolment remains high. 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 25 May 2022, 18:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @KimFTessendorf 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help you show/hide content based on dynamic data.

Using the show/hide functionality will allow you to create multiple blocks in one flow that will only be shown based on the event data you are using, ie block A is only shown two people who purchased item 1 but block B is shown only to people who purchased items 1 and 2. You can use event data to show or hide a block if your message is part of an event-triggered flow. Only data within the trigger event can be used in a show/hide condition. In this case it would be the Placed Order metric.

To identify the specific event variables you can use in your show/hide condition, navigate to the message editor within your flow, then click Preview

In the preview modal, you’ll see sample event data from your most recent event. Scroll through the data to find the variable you want to use, then click that variable. Then, copy the resulting variable tag. 

Note that you don’t need the curly brackets around the variable; you only need the variable text. In the screenshot below, you’ll see the variable tag {{ event|lookup:'Item Count' }}. You’ll only need the text event|lookup:'Item Count' for your show/hide condition. Similarly, if your variable tag was {{ event.extra.line_item.0.title }}, you can extract just the text — event.extra.line_item.0.title — from the tag. 

A user locates and clicks the event property they'd like to use

Using multiple/complex conditions

If you would like your block to display to people who meet multiple criteria, or if you have a complex use case, you can use multiple show/hide conditions for one block. To do so, connect a series of conditions with AND or OR. For example, if you want to display a block to anyone in Massachusetts, but Massachusetts is spelled differently on some profiles, you can use a condition like this: 

person.location.region == 'Massachusetts' or person.location.region == 'massachusetts' or person.location.region == 'mass' or person.location.region == 'MA'

If you only want to show a block to people whose favorite color is green, and who are also VIPs, you can use a condition like this: 

person|lookup:'Favorite Color' == 'green' and person|lookup:'VIP'== 1

The article I linked at the beginning goes in depth into all of this, check it out if you haven’t seen it before! Hope this helps!