Solved

Creating New Profile Properties in Flow is not working

• 10 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

In a flow, I choose Update Profile Property block, then Selected in it "Create New Property” and Use WelcomeFlow, and property value as "Active” and when I choose the Update Profile Property block, and choose the Update Profile Property option, WelComeFlow property wasn't there. Why is this happening

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 10 March 2022, 15:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @SachinYadav101 

Thank you for your question regarding the Update Profile Property step within flow. If I understand your question correctly, the Update Profile Property step in the flow will only create the property for a specific contact when they reach that step in the flow, so if no contact has reached that step yet in your flow, then the property has not been created and is not searchable in the account to use later. 

In this case, I would go to a specific profile in the account, maybe a test user or your own profile, create the custom profile property there and save the value of active. Once the custom profile property has been created for one profile and a value has been saved to that profile, then you will find the custom profile property listed as an option in the Update Profile Property step in flow where you can assign the “Active” status to new contacts as they reach that step in your flow.

Follow this guide to see how you can create the custom property in the account:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000250912-About-Custom-Properties

Again, once you’ve create the custom property then you will be able to reference it in the Update Profile Property in a flow for users who reach that step.

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox