Solved

Customer Getting Dropped from a Flow - HELP!

• 12 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I set up a flow to send a series of emails when a customer purchases a specific product, seems simple enough. I even purchased the product MYSELF to test that the flow worked.

It looked like it was working, so far the first two emails have gone out to the people who have purchased, but for some reason, the FIRST person who ordered the product did not get the third email in the series. 

Her account wasn’t skipped, there is NO way to force the email to go out to her, to resend it or anything. Her account just NEVER went to the next email in the flow.

WHAT THE HECK? 

The only thing I can think of is that she was skipped at the beginning due to Smart Sending (the bane of my existence) but I fixed that and she got the SECOND email just not the third! 

Oh and for some reason, I’m not getting the emails either, plus there is no way to MANUALLY send the flow emails or push my account through the flow, I just don’t exist in there anymore, even though I DID purchase the item and so I should get the emails as well.

The last thought is that I added email #2 and #3 after testing that the first email triggered properly (when I purchased it). But I used the “back-populate flow recipients” option to help push people along. 

I’m stuck, like this lady in the flow! Please help. I REALLY wish I could a) manually push an email out to the people in the flow (if it gets stuck like in this example) and b) easily see on ONE page all the messages in the flow and who they went to.

LASTLY, is there a way to convert this flow to be sent to people who are added to the segment that I’ve also created for the purchase of this product? Or do I have to just recreate the flow and figure out how to add those three people without RESENDING the emails to them?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 12 August 2022, 22:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @PieceCraftLove,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

We wouldn’t know why someone would not be receiving an email unless they’ve been skipped, failed a condition/filter, or opted out of receiving emails. Flows cannot be sent manually, unlike Campaigns. The Flow emails are triggered based on when someone joins a list, is added to a segment, or takes any other action — such as making a purchase or abandoning a cart. 

Depending on the trigger of the Flow, you will have to pass that test data from that specific email address. There isn't a way to manually to push a profile to re-enter a flow as this process is automated by the triggering action and is meant to occur in real-time. 

In instances like these, there are several ways to resend emails in Klaviyo as mentioned in our Help Center article here through alternative approaches. 

For an individual person, you can first navigate to their Klaviyo profile. Next, navigate to their Messages inbox and find the email you wish to resend within either the Sent or Skipped tab > click Resend. Alternatively, if the email does not appear in their Sent or Skipped tab, you can also click Send Email if you have the flow messages saved as Email Templates in your account. 

Hope this helped,

Alex

Badge +3

Hi @PieceCraftLove,

For an individual person, you can first navigate to their Klaviyo profile. Next, navigate to their Messages inbox and find the email you wish to resend within either the Sent or Skipped tab > click Resend. Alternatively, if the email does not appear in their Sent or Skipped tab, you can also click Send Email if you have the flow messages saved as Email Templates in your account. 

Hope this helped,

Alex

The email doesn’t appear in their messages inbox, which is why I thought it was really weird. They didn’t do anything that I can see that would have changed their status in the flow either. This person has opened and read my other messages sent in the same time period. It’s just REALLY weird to me and makes me wonder what would cause them to be completely DROPPED after receiving the first two emails in the flow. And the frustrating part is that I CAN’T resend the email manually and why would I want to make it a template, and send out an email to one person when the flow is supposed to do this automatically for me? I mean, it’s only an accident that I even saw she didn’t get the message. Now, if MY account which was n the flow initially would also get the emails, then I could easily forward it to her but, again for some random reason, I was removed from that flow as well, but after the first email was sent.

I really don’t want to have to recreate the entire flow but I guess that’s what I’m going to have to do if I can figure out how to get it to trigger based on the segment, which I have done for multiple other flows. Oh, and why is it that I can CLONE a flow (yay!) but the triggers are limited based on what the original flow I’m cloning was set to? For example, the flow I want to clone was set to trigger based on purchasing a specific SKU and when I clone it, I can only choose options related to an action within Shopify, NOT based on being added to a segment (which I have done for other flows and I know I can do).

It’s all very strange. Thanks for your reply.