Solved

Customer purchase is not showing in welcome flow

• 17 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We have several flows which have been working without a hitch for nearly 10 months now. Yesterday, a customer signed up to the Welcome Flow, received their discount code and proceeded to make a purchase.

But today it appears the same customer received an email from our abandoned cart flow. Upon looking at her profile in the Klaviyo backend, we can see their purchase is not showing yet in the profile. 

The email address used for the order is the same as that under the profile that shows the customer receiving both the welcome flow email (with discount code) and now the abandoned cart emails.

1. I’d like to know if this is something that can occur from time to time, and how and why?
  2. and, How to stop the rest of the flow emails from being sent so as not to continually annoy the customer (they’re obviously annoyed as they have alerted us to the email flow reminding them to purchase in the first place!)

icon

Best answer by Dov 17 November 2021, 22:29

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

@Dov Thank you so much for this detailed reply. I had to read it a few times to get my head around it!  I have implemented your advice for question 2. For Question 1, the customers order is still not showing in their profile so I have also followed your advice and contact Klaviyo support to take this matter further as there seems to be an integration issue happening.

I’ll try and update this thread when it has been fully resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @jemigr,

Thank you for sharing this question with our Klaviyo community.

I’m glad to hear you’ve had a lot of success using Klaviyo flows 🙂. With that said, a blip can definitely be frustrating so let’s dig in a little deeper.

1. Assuming you are using the “out-of-the-box” (default) filter for your abandoned cart flow, that is, Placed Order Zero Times > Since Starting this Flow. This filter will remove everyone who has placed an order while in the flow every time. However, this assumes that the Placed Order event exists on the Klaviyo profile. Since Klaviyo relies on that filter to identify when a user should be disqualified for the flow, if no event is recorded, that user will remain in the flow until that placed order is logged on the profile. The lack of an order event occurs when there is an issue with the ecommerce integration syncing order data to Klaviyo. Typically order data transfer is instantaneous and there is no issue, but from time to time if an order event is delayed or disrupted this can occur. If you ever see any error pertaining to your integration, you should have support have a look at it as soon as possible to ensure data is flowing between your ecommerce integration and Klaviyo as it should.  Let them know the specific error you’ve encountered and they can assist with this on the backend.  I also recommend reaching out to the ecommerce provider to ensure there is nothing going astray on their end. I’m afraid there aren’t any further preventative measures beyond identifying a potential ecommerce data flow error.
  1. With respect to your second question, you can add another flow filter to your Abandoned Cart flow, using an AND separator. AND > what somebody has done > email doesn’t contain > customersemail@domain.com. That extra flow filter will ensure that this specific user is skipped for each subsequent flow email in the flow. This is because flow filters will evaluate a user before each email send in the flow, therefore they this user is queued-up for the next email, Klaviyo will “read” the flow filter and remove them from the flow because they do not meet that criteria. You can remove the flow filter (if you’d like) after they are skipped from all steps in the flow (adding together all of the time-delays in the flow).

I hope that is helpful!