Solved

Different currency in Woo messing with Klaviyo revenue tracking

Badge +1

Hello,

We mostly sell in USD but are currently testing some other currencies (EUR, IDR,..) with Aelia multi currency plugin for Woocommerce. So there are some orders that we got in IDR currency.

The problem is, klaviyo tracks those as USD purchases (4000IDR = about 50 USD, Klaviyo tracks it as 4000 USD), which completely messed up our reporting.

Is there a way we can just at least ignore any orders in currency other than USD in reporting, if multi currency is not available?

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 June 2022, 16:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @chiuaua,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

Currently, the benchmarks tab is the only place in Klaviyo that converts currency. For more information on how this works, please see our documentation: How Klaviyo Converts Currency in Benchmarks.

You are correct in that other circumstances, Klaviyo will not convert currency for you, it will only change the symbol (i.e. £3 becomes $3). 

We also do not have a way to ignore orders with a particular currency. We can, however, ignore orders altogether based on the order status. You’ll find an example of how that works in the thread below. The example uses BigCommerce, but this applies for WooCommerce as well:

If you’d like to arrange that for your account, our support team will be happy to assist with this.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +1

So this option in integration (Advanced) only works in Benchmarks??

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @chiuaua,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, we currently do not convert currency in any other parts of the platform. For more information I recommend checking out our article here.

Thanks for being a member of our community.