Solved

Displaying product variants in abandoned cart

• 5 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi there, 

I’m putting together an Abandoned Cart flow for a client that uses Shopify. If a customer has ordered more than one of a product (but a different variant of that product), it displays the same image/title/link more than once, instead of displaying each variant of the product. I’m not sure which variable to use.

I’m trying to do this, but unlike the user who posed this question, I’m not using a Shopify template, just the Klaviyo drag & drop editor.

Thanks...

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 May 2021, 17:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ajohns,

Thank you for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community with your question!

So the user in this thread is also using the Klaviyo drag & drop editor but I understand how using the term “Shopify Template” in this context can be confusing. To clarify, we have two general sets of Shopify templates.

The first type, like the Shopify Order Confirmation email is meant for use in Klaviyo in the drag & drop editor. These templates can be found in the Flows Library as discrete flow emails under the Flows > Browse Ideas (top-right) . This is also where you will find other pre-built flows for Shopify such as the Abandoned Cart Flow.

This is different from the templates meant for use in Shopify (which use different syntax from our emails and do not work in Klaviyo) which are found in the Email Templates tab. These are meant to be exported and used in Shopify.

The thread you referenced was using the former type of Shopify template (Klaviyo flow email templates a part of pre-existing flows like the Abandoned Cart, compatible with our drag & drop editor) and so the solution for you would be exactly the same as the previous post. You can copy and paste the code I referenced in that reply and use it in your Abandoned Cart email in your table block. The code I referenced is compatible with both Shopify Abandoned Cart and Order Confirmation emails.

Thanks and have a great day.

Badge +6

Hi there. An addendum to my previous issue. The solution provided worked perfectly, but I now have a new, minor problem:

When a product has no variant, it displays "Default Title" where the variant normally goes. How can I hide this?

The first image below shows the variables that I’m using:

And this is what it looks like in preview. It displays two items; the first one has no variant, the second one does. The second one looks perfect.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ajohns,

Thank you for your follow-up reply.

It appears that the “Default Title” is being pulled through from the following tag:

item.product.variant.title

I recommend testing to confirm this is the case by removing that tag from the table block and re-previewing the email.

Badge +4

Hi @Dov 

Variants work perfectly but I have the same problem with ,,default title”. What could be the solution? Can someone help?