Solved

Do I need cart rebuilder and abandoned cart flows??

• 2 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I have a BigCommerce store and have added the cart rebuilder app by Arctic Leaf and the flow that they recommend.

My question is, if I have that flow, do I need an abandoned cart flow also??
Or does the Arctic Leaf app cover my bases?

Thanks,
-Jason

icon

Best answer by DavidSandel 2 March 2022, 22:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

It’s completely up to you how you want to manage different integrations that send different emails.

Personally, and from years of client experience, it’s better to have one platform send all of them if possible. In this case, Klaviyo.

If someone receives your abandoned cart email from a 3rd party app, Klaviyo likely won’t know it, which then makes it more difficult trigger other flows or segment users based on their specific behavior.

On top of that, now you have to manually keep track of the timing of other emails, how they might overlap with others, if you have multiple automations going, so on and so on.

And lastly, that other app probably isn't as powerful as Klaviyo in general. In design, in data, multiple emails, etc.

So, the short answer is no, you don’t have to use Klaviyo if you’re using another app to do the same thing, but you probably should just use Klaviyo.  

Badge +2

I guess I am confused.

It’s an app that integrates with Klaviyo.

There is a flow already setup in Klaviyo for this purpose.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Ah, sorry. With limitless 3rd party apps and integrations, I’m not familiar with all of them. I assumed it was installed and managed through BigCommerce.

So, if their pre-built flow is targeting abandoned carts, then no. No need to rebuild your own. Then people would be receiving duplicate emails (depending on exact triggers, timings, filters, etc.). 

Badge +2

Ok, thanks for your help.

Badge +2

The only thing is my theme has 2 ways to add to cart.

If a customer is on the product page, the Arctic Leaf flow works fine.
If a customer adds to the cart from the product card, it doesn’t trip the Arctic Leaf flow.

May have to rethink how these flows work.

Anyone else run into this??