Solved

Dynamic Content VS Merge Fields

Badge +1

I’m new to Klaviyo but no stranger to ESPs.  What I’m trying to figure out is how to create actual dynamic content.  For instance: each contact will be associated with a business, so there is a contact property called business saved with a number 1-20.  I want to create a dynamic block that says:

If contact.business = 1 { show link 1)

If contact.business = 2 { show link 2)

If contact.business = 3 { show link 3) etc…

I don’t want to save the link with each contact… the links may change or they might get 2-3 links per business.  I just want to show a block of text for a certain business.  

All i’ve seen so far is how to do merge fields, I want actual dynamic content.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by retention 7 July 2022, 21:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @QuickFresh - welcome to the community! 

Glad you were able to find the answer so quickly.  But yes, the Show/Hide Block is definitely one way to do it.  I also wrote a post about use Show/Hide Blocks with Custom Property values here:

Another approach is to write Template code using {% if Person|Lookup:”custom_property” %} in a Text Block which might be preferable if they are just simple text links. You can see @Anna McCarthy’s quick tutorial here:

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

I think I I just answered my own question.  SHOW/HIDE

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005258208-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Template-Blocks-Based-on-Dynamic-Variables#using-multiple-complex-conditions10