Solved

Edit / Translate default unsubscribe footer in plain text emails

• 26 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello!

I send mostly plain text emails and klaviyo is adding the default footer:

You received this email from COMPANY. If you would like to unsubscribe, click here

How can I translate this? My emails are in Norwegian and it looks a bit weird having a footer in english. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 March 2022, 19:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @bjornavocado,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

Hello!

I send mostly plain text emails and klaviyo is adding the default footer:

You received this email from COMPANY. If you would like to unsubscribe, click here

How can I translate this? My emails are in Norwegian and it looks a bit weird having a footer in english. 

Thank you!

This line will only populate if you do not already have an existing unsubscribe link in your email. Once this link is added, that line: “you received this email...” will automatically be removed.

So you can write your Norwegian text and simply hyperlink an unsubscribe tag within that text in the plain text email to resolve. The unsubscribe tag will be {% unsubscribe_link %}.

I recommend reviewing our documentation here for additional insight.

Thanks for being a member of our community.

Badge +5

It’s not letting me change the unsubscribe to Dutch, but I went through your steps. Am I forgetting something, or did Klaviyo update anything? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @CourtneyAcosta,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Nothing has changed on our end, but I think I see the problem in your case. You will have to use the Dutch word for unsubscribe without the “%” sign and without the quotes. So it should just read afmelden. Within the modal, you will use the english tag for unsubscribe which is {% unsubscribe_link %}. That way, the unsubscribe portion of the email will read in Dutch for your users but still contain a valid unsubscribe URL tag.

In other words, the information you input into the modal will look exactly the same as this the below image. But first replace the word ‘here’ with ‘afmelden’ in the actual content/text part of the email.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +5

Hello, 

Thanks for helping with this! I tried the way you said (screenshots included), but it’s still coming out messy (screenshot of preview email also included). What am I doing wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @CourtneyAcosta,

Thanks for your reply.

I now see that the original tag in the answer was missing the ‘link’ portion of the tag. So instead of {% unsubscribe %} it should have been {% unsubscribe_link %}. 

I’ve updated my replies in accordance with this change - this new tag will work for you.

Thanks for being a community member.

Badge +5

This worked! Thank you so much!!