Solved

email flow not sending customers emails

• 6 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello! I have installed and uninstalled Klaviyo a couple times, to try to resolve this, and also because I couldn’t decide on a marketing app. I really enjoy Klaviyo and I want it to work for me so I was hoping someone could help me. So my business won’t launch until August 2nd. But what I did was i announced it on all social media platforms so i can collect email addresses. Then i downloaded Klaviyo and created a flow so all my new email subscribers could get an auto welcome email. It looks like shopify is integrated with Klaviyo and I can see all my customer email addresses on there. But the flow isnt sending out a welcome email to those previous subscribers. How can i fix this? I also see them on my profiles page, but not on the newsletter list. Also will it automatically send the email even if they add their email address to the shopify footer, not a klaviyo pop up? I really like Klaviyo and want to use it but i am honestly getting frustrated. please help haha.Thank you!! :)

icon

Best answer by David To 7 July 2021, 17:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi!

First to clarify the question, do you want to send the welcome flow for subscribers who are already on the list and it’s not sending? or it’s not sending to new subscribers?

If it’s the latter, a couple things to check:

1. Are there subscribers in your list in Klaviyo?  If the Shopify integration is working then sign-ups from the footer will put them in your list.
  2. If yes, to the above, send a screenshot of your welcome flow.  What I’d be looking for.. are profiles being skipped? Is there a filter that could be blocking subscribers from moving forward?
Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @corina_loveee,

Adding to @Mailbox Manny’s great points, as part of the integration between Shopify and Klaviyo contacts synced from Shopify will not automatically be added to a Klaviyo list. These contacts synced from Shopify will be considered Active Profiles within Klaviyo. As noted in the How to Integrate with Shopify article:

Klaviyo will not automatically sync historical subscribers to a list when a customer checks "Subscribe new customers to a Klaviyo list." If you need to add historical subscribers to your newsletter list, you can do so with property and flow editing utilizing the steps outlined in How to Add or Combine Lists Without Triggering a Flow. You can also add subscribers to a list manually by following How to Add Subscribers to an Existing List

Additionally, it's important to note that a customer having Accepts Marketing set to false won't automatically suppress that customer. To learn more about profile suppression, check out our article About Suppressed Profiles in Klaviyo

Furthermore, to link your Shopify provided footer form to be adding subscribers to a Klaviyo list, you would need to also include the following hidden input group tag within the form’s code: <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">. Along with this hidden input group added to your form, keep in mind that you’ll also need to enable your Accepts Marketing setting within the Shopify integration settings as well. Users who then fill out the Shopify footer form would then be added to the list designated by your Accepts Marketing setting.

I would also take a look at some other Community forums that may also help you along in this process which I’ve included below:

I hope this helps!

David