Solved

EU Cookie list with Shopify integration

• 28 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a shop on Shopify and want to use Klavio for our customer communication/marketing.

Of course Klavio is going to record all kinds of data on our website, I could not find a list of cookies that are set so I can list them in my cookie consent pop up.

Of course, I also need to know what mechanism will turn OFF the data collection, can someone please share the link to the document where everything is explained? I found many documents talking about about GDPR in general but no concrete list of what is used with the shopify integration.

best regards

icon

Best answer by David To 29 August 2022, 16:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @mababu,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! 

Although we don’t have a list of what our Klaviyo Cookies will track, I think taking a look at our Understanding cookies in Klaviyo Help Center article could help. I believe an important thing to keep in mind is that Klaviyo uses customer-first data is data that’s sourced directly from your customers. This means that visitors to your site aren’t automatically cookied, but rather need to consent prior to being tracked. 

Cookies can also be disabled or blocked through consent management tools such as OneTrust other domain-level blocking tools. You can also maintain Klaviyo JavaScript but remove a cookie by toggling Klaviyo tracking on and off by creating a new cookie, __kla_off, and running document.cookie = "__kla_off=true".

Our Community Champion, @mat.bingham also wrote a great post surrounding the importance of data privacy which I’ve included below:

I hope this helps!

David