Solved

Exclude ALL discounted carts in a conditional split?

• 20 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi, we want to put up an abandon checkout flow which includes a discount for F0 clients who have not yet made a purchase.

As we use bundles and other discounts (in Shopify), connected to already given out discount codes we would like to exclude these customers through a conditional split.  

We can exclude certain discount codes or values etc, but as we have hundreds of them and they are constantly being generated we can't exclude them all.  

The question is if we somehow can exclude ALL carts which include discount codes, no matter their value, names etc?  

icon

Best answer by Dov 20 May 2021, 19:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @joffe,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

At this time, Klaviyo does not have the ability to “blanket” exclude all carts that include coupon codes. However, it is a great suggestion and I will put in a product proposal so the team can look into potentially developing this feature in the future.

Aside from excluding each discrete code from the flow using flow filters, you can send Klaviyo a custom metric when someone uses a discount code using the Track API. For example, an event like “Used Coupon”. This custom metric would then be used as a flow filter to exclude users from the flow: “What somebody has done > Used coupon > Zero Times > Over all time (or since entering this flow)”. I am also including a reference guide on the Track API for your convenience here

If you would like assistance with setting up custom events, I recommend looking into this Community post with further information on working with a Klaviyo partner.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.