Solved

Exclude welcome flow to people who signed through checkout (woocoomerce)

• 26 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor IV
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I want to exclude people joining our welcome flow after placing an order.

I already excluded recently placed orders, ordered products, fulfilled order. Issue is that klaviyo does sometimes not detect a placed order at times and only detects it a day after when the order is fulfilled.

Can i exclude the flow to not send to people who accepted at checkout?

Welcome flow excludes placed order:

Screenshot example of a recent case where placed order is excluded:

Any ideas why its happening? Even though placed order is set to zero before triggering the flow.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 26 June 2021, 15:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @HPB,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

If the objective is to only ever trigger the welcome flow for non purchasers, you can add the flow filter of “What someone has done - Placed order equals zero over all time.” This condition will evaluate to see if there is an order associated prior to or while a user is going through the flow. If there is an order placed at any point, the customer will get kicked out of the flow. 

If you’re testing flow logic, feel free to adjust this flow filter and then set the flow to manual status. This way you can validate the logic of the flow without the risk of sending a live email. Once you’ve completed the testing, feel free to turn the flow live. 

Have a nice weekend!

Julie

Badge +2

Hi @HPB,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

If the objective is to only ever trigger the welcome flow for non purchasers, you can add the flow filter of “What someone has done - Placed order equals zero over all time.” This condition will evaluate to see if there is an order associated prior to or while a user is going through the flow. If there is an order placed at any point, the customer will get kicked out of the flow. 

If you’re testing flow logic, feel free to adjust this flow filter and then set the flow to manual status. This way you can validate the logic of the flow without the risk of sending a live email. Once you’ve completed the testing, feel free to turn the flow live. 

Have a nice weekend!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the quick reply! If you look at the screenshots i have indeed excluded for placed orders zero times in the past hour instead of all times. As you can see in the second screenshot, the trigger ignores the person placing the order 2-3 minutes before subscribing to the flow. Do you have any ideas why?

Can i exclude a subscription source as well?

Best regards, Hakim

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @HPB,

Yup, I did notice that! The solution I proposed is stating that there was never a placed order associated with the account, whereas the solution you initially set up was only looking at no placed order within a recent window of time.

The logic you set does seen sound, however, I’d recommend looking at the “recorded at” timestamps of the “placed order” event compared to the “subscribed to list” event. You can find the recorded at time by clicking on the timestamp next to the event in the profile timeline. This recorded at timestamp is the date/time that these events were registered with Klaviyo. Whereas the “timestamped at” timestamp is when the event was recorded in WooCommerce. If there was any delay in syncing this information to Klaviyo, you would see a discrepancy between recorded at times for these events.

As for filtering by source, yes, you can do this! The Klaviyo profile property is called “$source.”

Hope this helps,

Julie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @HPB,

Echoing @julie.accardo’s wonderful suggestion of reviewing the raw data of the Placed Order event and seeing if there were any discrepancies in when the event was actually recorded and understood by Klaviyo, I would also recommend taking a look at Klaviyo’s How to View Raw Metric or Event Data in Klaviyo article. 

I’ve also elaborated further on this sort of behavior in a similar Community post which i’ve included below: 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi @HPB,

Yup, I did notice that! The solution I proposed is stating that there was never a placed order associated with the account, whereas the solution you initially set up was only looking at no placed order within a recent window of time.

The logic you set does seen sound, however, I’d recommend looking at the “recorded at” timestamps of the “placed order” event compared to the “subscribed to list” event. You can find the recorded at time by clicking on the timestamp next to the event in the profile timeline. This recorded at timestamp is the date/time that these events were registered with Klaviyo. Whereas the “timestamped at” timestamp is when the event was recorded in WooCommerce. If there was any delay in syncing this information to Klaviyo, you would see a discrepancy between recorded at times for these events.

As for filtering by source, yes, you can do this! The Klaviyo profile property is called “$source.”

Hope this helps,

Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for clarifying regarding the events! I think the source will fix the issue :-)

This is how i added the restriction to the trigger setup.

Hello @HPB,

Echoing @julie.accardo’s wonderful suggestion of reviewing the raw data of the Placed Order event and seeing if there were any discrepancies in when the event was actually recorded and understood by Klaviyo, I would also recommend taking a look at Klaviyo’s How to View Raw Metric or Event Data in Klaviyo article. 

I’ve also elaborated further on this sort of behavior in a similar Community post which i’ve included below: 

I hope this helps!

David

Thanks david!

Helps a ton, will be utilizing raw event data in the future.