Solved

Facebook link linking to page on mobile app, not the specific post

• 28 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi, I have this issue where I tried to link a facebook post on my company’s page in an email and on the desktop the experience is great (exits directly to the post), but on mobile app the link exits to the company facebook page. This happens randomly, some posts exit fine on mobile others do not. I am curious if anyone else has this experience 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 29 September 2021, 02:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ms0817 

Thank you so much for reaching out the Klaviyo Community for help. I hope we can solve this together! I have a couple preliminary questions for you so we can troubleshoot the further.

Do you know if there is a specific email clients (i.e. Gmail, Outlook) that your mobile users are experiencing this error with? Is the facebook post embedded content in the template? Most major email clients (such as Gmail) view embedded content such as surveys, forms, videos, and other widgets as a security threat. These email clients will often strip out this embedded code completely and your recipients will not see your content feature rendered when they open your email. You can check the advanced reports tab of your campaign analytics and flow analytics to get a sense of how much of your customer base is opening your emails on specific email clients.

Are there any other Community members that have had this experience in the past, and how did you solve for this? If we collaborate together I’m sure we can find a solution since this seems to be inconsistent and hard to replicate. 

Thank you so much for being an active member in the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +6

Hi @stephen.trumble thank you for the response! It is across any mobile client. With both Outlook and Apple Mail apps it does try to link into the app (if it is downloaded on the phone) and that is where it just shows the brand page. Gmail app however will prompt you where you would like the link to be opened. Apple Mail is more popular with our customer base unfortunately 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ms0817 

Sorry for my delayed response as I was out of office. Did you find a resolution to this or have you not had success? Happy to jump back into this is you need!