Solved

fastest way to trigger a flow (to avoid hour delays)

• 28 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m looking to avoid any 1-hour delay in triggering a flow. (I do not want a campaign. Must be automated flow.) What’s the most instant way to trigger a flow so the person signing up gets the email in the absolute fastest time with minimal delay?

I know a segment triggered flow can take up to one hour (not acceptable for the situation I am working on). 

What about list triggered flow? Are those immediate?

Are there any other options for triggering FLOWS instantly w/o delays? (Up to 5 min. would be acceptable. But no more. Needs to be instant.)

Have read this: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005233488-How-Segments-Update#what-do-we-mean-by-real-time-1

Have looked here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005253208-How-Often-Integrations-Sync But this doesn’t apply as I won’t be using integration. People will fill out Klaviyo form to get added. No third party involved. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 28 January 2022, 18:00

View original

3 replies

And assuming a single opt in, list triggered flow is my FASTEST option, is it possible to set up a flow that adds people from one list to another? Or do I have to do that manually?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JimmieaQuick

I have responded to your question in a similar thread, linked for your connivence. 

A flow cannot be used to add subscribers to a List. I’d recommend checking out our help center documentation on how to Add Subscribers to an Existing List and a New List. You can either add users to a list manually via CSV upload or through a sign up form. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Thanks again. I felt bad about monopolizing that other thread that wasn’t even mine. Also figured others may search for this info, so it needs a separate thread.

Answer to this question is: use list-triggered flow for IMMEDIATE sending w/o delays. Be sure it’s a single-opt-in list.