Solved

Filter criteria for cart abandonment

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I tried to set up the filter flow for cart abandonment.  Already included the filer “place order” in my flow.  But I found another filter “product order”.  What is the difference between “place order” and “product order”?  Should I included “product order” in my flow to remove customer who has purchased ?

Thank you for your help.

Salin 

icon

Best answer by David To 23 November 2021, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @salinfok,

Great question!

To learn more about the differences between what a Placed Order and Ordered Product event mean, I would suggest taking a look at the Reviewing Your Shopify Data Help Center article which explains both of these events further. In addition, @Julia.LiMarzi also has a great write up and explanation of these two events in the below Community post:

The inclusion of the Ordered Product event within your abandoned cart flow is really up to you! As highlighting the resources above, the main difference is that the Placed Order event is a singular event that is triggered when an order is placed while the Ordered Product event is triggered for every product in the order. The Ordered Product event will pass more product specific data while the Placed Order event covers more details pertaining to the order in broad strokes such as the shipping and billing address. 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Hi David,

Thank you for your information.  I will study it and get back if I have questions.  :grinning:

Good day.

Salin