Solved

First Anniversary Flow and discount coupons

• 3 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am setting up a flow for first purchase anniversary with a coupon code. The coupon is not triggering, not sure why. Also, I cannot back fill the flow due to the coupon, what is another way to send to customers who have purchased before today/ the flow was created? 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 3 September 2021, 21:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @kylie@edmondson.net.au

Welcome to the Community! We are so happy to have you here! 

Setting up a Date Property-Triggered Flow, like an anniversary flow, is a great way to make your customers feel special and let them know that you remember important dates in their customer journey! Additionally, adding coupon codes can help reward your customers and build loyalty or entice them to engage with your product again if they’ve become less active. 

Do you mind sharing your steps into how you set up your flow and if you have any additional flow filters in place? Additionally, could you explain in more detail how you see your dynamic coupon not “triggering”? 

Typically, a date-based flow is triggered by a date property collected from your customers. The date needs to be formatted in a way Klaviyo recognizes to trigger the flow i.e. YYYY-MM-DD or MM/DD/YYYY. All date-based profile properties in your account will appear in the dropdown menu for you to choose as your trigger. You can customize when you want to send messages by adding time delays or who you want to receive these messages by adding additional filters. It’s also important to remember to turn your Flow live to start this process and that no one will go through the flow until someone meets the date-property trigger. 

For more insight into additional troubleshooting, I recommend checking out this response to a community question about Date-Triggered Flows, as well as this solution found in the Forum as to why a Dynamic Birthday coupon seemed to not be firing. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! Look forward to finding the solution with you!

Best,

Taylor 

Badge +2

Thank you for your help and all the information.

I have found the answer to my query, and confirmed that the flow is in fact set up correctly.

Kind regards,

Kylie.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @kylie@edmondson.net.au

So glad to hear you found the answer to your problem! Would you mind sharing the solution with us to benefit other Community members who might run into a similar issue in the future? 

Thank you for being a Community member!

-Taylor