Solved

Flow action - Move contact to another list

Badge +2

Hello!

I’ve designed my first welcome series, complete with conditional triggers. If a person exits the series due to meeting a condition, I’d like them to be moved from my welcome series list to my general email list. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by David To 16 June 2021, 19:54

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This use case is something Klaviyo should support out of the box. I was looking for it as part of my migration from Active Campaign to Klaviyo and I’m frustrated to learn I can't replicate my automation flows.

Badge +1

This use case is something Klaviyo should support out of the box. I was looking for it as part of my migration from Active Campaign to Klaviyo and I’m frustrated to learn I can't replicate my automation flows.

Same issue, want to migrate from Active Campaign to Klaviyo but so many missing features that Active Campaign has that Klaviyo cannot support.  

Flows need to chain to other Flows - either as a Trigger on Flow End or inside a Flow start another Flow.  Flow Chains are HUGE missing feature.  Also, native Add To List or Remove From List would work, but Flow Chain probably would be a bigger win.

Also the ability to POST webhook data for customizations either to Zapier or 3rd party tools.  We are liking so many reporting aspects that Klaviyo does better than Active Campaign but it’s flow builder is limited in comparison.

Badge +1

I am in the process of moving from Active Campaign as I have heard many raving reviews of using Klaviyo for eComm stores, and honestly I am really surprised that this feature/option is missing. I believe it would add a lot of value to a lot of users if it were to be added, and let’s the platform down by not having it. @David To are there any updates as to whether this feature will be added?

Badge +1

I could do with this feature as well. 

Badge +2

This feature is quite important for me too. I want to have just two lists; subscribers and customers, so that if a user unsubscribes from marketing emails, they don’t then get unsubscribed from transactional emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @aussiepr,

Do you mind providing more details on your use case to be shared with our Product Team? 

The scenario you’re describing “they are already subscribed (via free offer) but they haven’t purchased yet” - wouldn’t these users already be captured in an existing list if they were subscribers?

David

Badge

How come in Klaviyo I cannot move someone from an opt-in sequence into another list? ActiveCampaign does this as a basic feature… How can I do this?!  

Badge +4

Moving people from one list other should be a stock feature in Klaviyo like it is in every other email provider. This is very important to people that have a blog as well as an ecommerce shop on their site. We should be able to move people from a warm-up flow to a general email or sales flow once they finish the welcome series. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there,

As of now we are still working on updates for an automated process to move contacts between lists. In the meantime, I would refer to the following HC guide on how to consolidate multiple lists into one: How to combine two or more lists in Klaviyo.

Also if the use case requires users going between lists, I would actually look at segments since this is what Segments are for. To allow contacts to move in and out of Dynamic Lists based on actions they take. Our document on creating segments will help you create them.

You can also add an Update Profile Property action to the end of the Flow in which you can create a new Profile Property to tag on profiles that move through the Flow once they reach the end. Then you can segment defined by this property to export the profiles to a CSV and upload to a new List.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @VeeWally,

At present we don’t have any updates regarding this feature. However, be assure it has been shared with our Product Team to explore further!

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ChristinaD,

At this time, the function you are describing of using a flow to move customers from one list to another automatically is not supported. Customers are only added to a list automatically when your customers share explicit consent and sign up to the new list such as through a signup form connected to that new list. 

Depending on what it is you were trying to accomplish, a workaround would be using an Update Profile Property step in your flow to tag your customers who have completed and/or removed from the flow through a conditional split. Through this strategy of tagging these customers who meet a conditional and are removed from a flow, you can capture these customers within a segment which can then be used as your recipient group along with your general email list when sending a campaign. You can learn more about using an update profile property action step from the Update Profile Property Action Use Cases and How to Add an Update Profile Property Action to a Flow articles. 

Hope this helps!

David

Badge

I am also missing this feature. I would like to be able to link a welcome flow to another drip-campaign flow. I sell many products and have various offers through which customers subscribe to a list. Each list is linked to the welcome series. How do I link the subscribers of these various lists to my content flow (value-driven emails) from the welcome flow? Now I am forced to create never-ending drip flows for each welcome flow. 

Badge +1

Any Updates on this Topic by now?

Badge

We also need this - so for example - someone signs up for a lead magnet (free download) which is delivered by email when they join the list. 

Once they have completed the automated email sequence associated with the free download, we want to move them to our main list for weekly newsletters. (they’ve obviously opted in and this is a fairly standard way to grow email databases). 

As we’re creating many free download options, we will have many lists and don’t want to have to manage these manually. 

Please can you help on how we can achieve this?

Badge +1

David To, you’re missing the point - one Single Main List is what I want, but I need it to be automatically updated once a new Customer fulfils a condition in a flow.

In my scenario (just migrated/integrated from Shopify) they are already subscribed (via free offer) but they haven’t purchased yet.

I don’t want 2 or 3 lists that I have to manually import into the main list because your flow doesn’t have this basic capability.

Badge +3

Likewise. Very frustrating 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @mkummer,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Klaviyo Community! 

I’m sorry for the frustration that the lack of this feature has caused. I’ll share your thoughts and comments to our Product Team to explore the possibility of moving contacts from a flow through to a list. I’ll also update this thread if there is any news from our product team regarding this feature.

Really appreciate you being a member of the Klaviyo Community! Have a great day!

David

Badge +2

Yo guys.. how long should we wait for this BASIC and EASY function to be implemented ? Is like two  lines of code inside your database. Can we make available automatic moving of contacts between different lists before we all die or what ? Come on 

Badge +2

Really surprised to discover this when I went to build it out today. I had told the client to use Klaviyo, thinking it’s a cheaper start than ActiveCampaign. But it’s costing me time in lost features that I’m used to in ActiveCampaign. Will be recommending AC in future until features are like-for-like as we use those types of automations a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Alice-RFH,

Thanks for sharing! Based on your used case though, Klaviyo’s transactional emails already accomplish what you are trying to do. Transactional emails are essential, non-marketing email that contain pertinent information to the recipient. For this reason they are sent out event to contacts who have unsubscribed from your marketing lists and have opted out of receiving marketing emails from your brand. 

I would suggest taking a look at the Guide to Using Flows to Send Transactional Emails Help Center article that goes into further details surrounding transactional emails and how to request your emails be considered transactional. There are also a number of Community posts surrounding this topic of Transactional emails as well. I’ve included a few that other Community members have found helpful to their understanding of transactional emails:

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Agolab,

I hear you and I can certainly see the benefit of this feature.

Although such a feature may seem simple in theory, there is a lot that goes on in our code’s backend!

In addition, there is also the deliverability and consent aspect to consider. Users are only added to a list automatically if they share explicit consent to subscribe to the list.

It’s also typically best practice to have a single main list you are subscribing users to as mentioned in our Why Having a Single Main List is Beneficial Help Center article. Not only does having a single main list allow for better list organization within an account, but it also helps make list cleaning easier in the long run!

David