• 19 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Let's say you have Klaviyo flows for:

• welcome series

• cart abandonment

• browse abandonment A

• browse abandonment B

in order for your visitor not to receive emails from all flows at the same time, you must give some priorities.

And I guess the priorities are based on how much buyer intent a customer has right?

1. welcome series
2. browse abandonment A
3. browse abandonment B
4. cart abandonment

(4 being the highest priority).

How can be this achieved in Klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 19 May 2022, 16:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Adrenaline22 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

I think there are a couple of ways to approach this. One would be to enable the Smart Sending for the messages earlier in the funnel that would disable them from sending if someone made it further down to the browse or cart abandon series - but IMO this is going to be a little less clear in terms of setting a priority. 

What I would do is set a flow filter(s) to remove someone from one flow if they are triggered into another. For example, you can set up a flow filter based on received email from a specific flow. If someone has been sent a message from the browse abandon, for example, you could set the flow filter in the welcome series to look for the Browse Abandon, and if they had been sent a message from that flow, they would be suppressed. 

Another potential way to do this, though a bit more complicated, would be to create a custom profile property that sets a numeric value - 1, 2, 3, 4 - at the beginning of each flow someone enters. If someone is then triggered into another flow, you could set a conditional split/flow filters/or message filter to suppress someone if that custom profile property conflicts with your priorities. 

In either case, I think you’ll likely need to set a test and monitor it to be sure users are flowing through your flows how you expect for the first several days/weeks.

I hope this gives you some ideas to try!

Good Luck.

@In the Inbox