Solved

Flow with Conditional Split by Segment

• 25 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I created a flow triggered by a list. I want to wait 24 hours then I want to create a conditional split that sends email 1 to people in segment 1 and email 2 to people in segment 2. How do I do that? Looking in the options for conditional splitting, I dont see anything allowing me to split emails by segments.

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 25 September 2021, 06:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi!

A couple ways you can do this (maybe more):

1. You could create a segment triggered flow and then have the profile property updated with that segment name (ie. Segment1).  Then you could use the Properties about someone split based on the new user profile property you have created  (if you go this route and people can exit a segment, best practice would be to have a flow to remove the profile property).
  2. Another option is to set the criteria for those segments directly in the conditional split

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Great suggestions @Mailbox Manny

Just to add on for more info for @crystal2222:
Currently, it is not possible to add a conditional split covering excluding or including Segments. This is due to the fact that there are no conditions which exist within the Segment builder that are not available within the Flow filter builder. Therefore, in order to achieve the same outcome, applying the Flow filters which coincide with your Segment definition will ensure that the same results are met. 
The way to do this in practice is to include all of the segment criteria in the flow filter itself (essentially rebuild the segment criteria in the filter). If you are looking to exclude people in a certain segment then you would have to include the opposite criteria in the flow filter. For example, if a segment consisted of placed order equals one over all time, and you wanted to exclude those people, the flow filter would be placed order equals zero times over all time.

I hope that this helps but please let me know if you have more questions on this.
Alex

Badge

This is due to the fact that there are no conditions which exist within the Segment builder that are not available within the Flow filter builder. 

We’re not able to recreate segments in the flow as the filters are not the same. E.g. we want to segment people who have placed an order and where the products they purchased fit into 1 of 3 categories (we have 3 segments created). We cannot add the condition of which products they purchased with the flow itself, we can only segment by those who placed an order which doesn’t help us. Are we missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @SkittishHeather ,

If you are looking to trigger a flow based on a specific item order, I would suggest to use the following Flow logic and change the product as necessary:

If not, double check your Placed Order events and see what has been recorded. You can place a test order on your site in order to have a Placed Order event recorded, then you will see the options in the dropdown. 

How would the flow to REMOVE the profile property if they exit a segment be built?