Solved

Flows with subcategories

• 30 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to create a flow in Klaviyo where the condition is PERSON HAS ORDERED PRODUCT and there is a selection for CATEGORY but not for SUB-CATEGORY. Because I have so many products in a category, I have them divided into subcategories. The flow is not working. This flow is why I signed up for this service. Can someone tell me why your sofware does not extend to subcategories? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Pettravel 3 May 2022, 01:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Maybe there is some technical issue in your account. Contact Klaviyo support team

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Pettravel,

I’d be curious to know how far down in the metadata these sub-category data was stored. Depending on how far down in the metadata this information is nested, it may not be accessible as you can only target top level data when creating flow filters or conditions. 

I’ve previously explained this a bit further in the following Community post:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

HI David and thank you for your response. The products are classified to the next subcategory down from the main category. At first, I referenced the main category. That did not work because the products are assigned to the sub categories. I changed the flow to the subcategories and the flow still doesn’t work. It is a simple flow - if you bought a product from this category and did not buy a product from that category AND you are located in the US AND you are not on the supressed list. 

The problem with listing all the products under 1 category is that there are 260 products in this category and the page load would really suffer.

Susan

Pet Travel Store

Badge +2

Support got back to me. I had Smart Send selected and I think this was the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Pettravel,

Glad you got back from Support! Having smart sending enabled is a very common instance of why a flow wouldn’t be sent to users. You can learn more about what smart sending does when enabled and how to identify if your flow emails have this setting turned on and who were skipped from the flow for this reason from the Guide to Smart Sending in Klaviyo Help Center article. 

David