Ok so I’m at the end of my rope here. I’ve contacted Klaviyo several times by email and they never even send a confirmation email in return, let alone a response.
I created a handful of flows and they don't work! They are live, Klaviyo is integrated with my Shopify, there is seemingly no reason for this. Please help me.
I placed a test order from my website and that worked fine. The store is working. But instead of a Klaviyo confirmation email I received the stock Shopify one.
Best answer by cassy.lee
I just wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you had additional questions, or if you could provide some more context in your flows if they are still not functioning as expected? I’m not sure if you have already had the chance to take a look through the Community to see how other customers have addressed working through Shopify emails, but you might be able to find some solutions by searching “Shopify” in the search bar.
Specifically in this case though, I wanted to see if you had imported your Klaviyo Confirmation email into Shopify? In particular, I’d call out this section of the Help Center article: How to personalize and export Shopify Notification Emails.
One call out here that’s worth noting is that all Shopify notification emails are sent through Shopify, not Klaviyo. Once you've customized your template, you'll need to export the HTML code and paste it into Shopify. To export your template, go to your Email Templates tab, click the Edit drop-down for a template, and choose Export.
If your template contains a product block, you will be unable to export your template. After you delete the product block, you will be able to successfully export your template.
To copy/paste your code into Shopify:
- In your Shopify store's back-end, click Settings > Notifications
- Here, find the first notification template you would like to update and click on it; you will need to copy HTML code for each individual notification email individually
- You will immediately see a large section labeled "Email body (HTML)"
- Here, copy the HTML code you exported from Klaviyo and paste it into Shopify -- you will want to replace the existing code you will see in this window
- Next, send yourself a test email -- you should get an example in your inbox that reflects the customized template you designed in Klaviyo
Once you've done this, click Save.
There are some specific Shopify based notifications that you can turn off, such as Order Cancelled, Shipping Confirmation, etc. These settings can be changed in Shopify under Settings > Checkout
Thanks so much and hope you’re having a fantastic week,