Getting wrong Magento Product Url in Abandoned Cart

• 16 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Abandoned cart fetching wrong product url, On my magento store all products are grouped products. Child products are added to cart but they are individually not visible they are associated to grouped product. So product url should be of parent product instead of child product. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @tgupta,

This would highly depend on the metadata shared from your Magento’s Started Checkout event. Because of how unique each customer’s events are created, we would not be able to provide you an example syntax to pull in the URL of a grouped product versus a child product. For example, as detailed in the the Common Examples of Event Variables subsection of the About Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows article, the common syntax used within Magento to redirect users back to their product page is {{ event.extra.line_items.0.product.key }}, but even this may differ depending on how your Started Checkout is being shared to Klaviyo. 

In any case, since it sounds like you are trying to achieve something else, you would need to use a different set of syntax to pull in the grouped product URL. 

I would suggest reviewing your own Started Checkout event’s metadata fields and see if one of the fields is passing your desired data to pull into your email. You can learn how to review and access these metadata fields to be incorporated into your email from the How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email Help Center Article which also offers a guided video tutorial on this as well.

In addition, I would suggest working with a developer or finding a Klaviyo partner who can further help you customize your emails.

Have a great day!

David

Badge +2

Hello David,

Can you please share an example, what syntax I need to use to get correct URL of grouped product instead of child product?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @tgupta,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

In the event your abandoned cart’s dynamic table block is fetching the incorrect product URL, I would suggest reviewing the dynamic table block and the dynamic syntaxes used to create this block and adjust it in a way that you are using the correct syntaxes to reference the URL you desire. You can find resources on how to build, customize, and edit a dynamic table block from the following Klaviyo Help Center Articles:

I hope this helps!

David