Solved

Help! Add to Cart Snippet For Shopify is not working

• 19 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello, 

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.  The add to cart snippet is not working.  I have added the code to my site, but when I go to create an abandoned cart flow for add to cart items, I am not allowed to proceed because it appears that the snippet is not set up.  Please help.  

icon

Best answer by David To 19 October 2021, 23:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @juru25,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

From your screenshots it actually looks like the Add to Cart code isn’t formatted correctly to align with your Shopify theme’s button. Because it appears from your screenshots that your Add to Cart button is using a a class notation, you’ll want to follow the instructions found in the Alternate Snippet for "Add to Cart" Button without a Button ID subsection of the How to Create a Custom "Added to Cart" Event for Shopify Help Center article.

In addition, keep in mind that upon updating and installing the Add to Cart code you’ll also want to manually trigger this Add to Cart event in order to clear that error message when creating your flow. I would also recommend taking a look at some Community posts on this subject as well as there are a number of them that dive further on this topic. I’ve included some below which I believe may be most helpful to you:

If you need further hands on assistance, I would also suggest working with a developer you are familiar with or finding a Klaviyo Partner who can implement these changes for you.

I hope this helps!

David