Solved

How can I create a browse abandonment flow in the NEW editor?

• 24 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there! I am trying to create a browse abandonment flow for a client utilizing the new editor. Anytime I try to use Klaviyo’s pre-built flow, it defaults the template to the old editor. All of our templates were built on the new editor, and  I can’t find a way to utilize the pre-built event data in any of these. Making the browse abandonment blocks from scratch has proven to be challenging for me. Does anyone have advice? Am I missing something? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 25 June 2022, 05:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Nina W.,

Thanks for sharing and hope to share some info regarding this. 

We expect to launch a new feature this summer to convert any templates in the classic editor to the new template editor. We're also planning to implement the new editor as the default for any new templates, by the end of Q3 - so when you build Flows using our Flow Library, the templates will pass through in the new editor. I appreciate your patience as we get ready to go live with these features.

In the meantime, you can absolutely begin building templates like Browse Abandonment Flow messaging in the new editor. You can do so by building the basis of the template in the Email Template Library and then adding that template to your Flow. Once the message is added to the Flow, you'll be able to utilize the event data to build out your dynamic table blocks. You can use the same dynamic event variables that you're using in the classic editor, as the data passing from the triggering event is still the same.

You can also follow our guide here: How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email (new editor)

Hope that helped,

Alex