Solved

How can I deliver a lead magnet via email and send the welcome series immediately after to new subscribers of that lead magnet list?

• 13 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

QUICK QUESTION...

I want to offer a lead magnet (free downloadable) through a landing page with Klaviyo sign-up form for my client. And I would like to deliver the downloadable via email immediately someone opts in for it.

One way I know is to use an automated flow (the first email sent to them) that will be triggered when the new subscriber joins the list for the downloadable. But that would mean creating a separate list for these set of new subscribers, different from the general newsletter list.

I have a welcome series set up for new subscribers triggered by the general newsletter list. But I also want the new subscribers that opt in from the free downloadable landing page to receive the welcome emails immediately after they receive the first email that contains the free downloadable.

Please how can I do this in Klaviyo?

Do I have to clone the welcome series and make the duplicate to be triggered by the new list I'll create for the free downloadable?

I wouldn't also want a subscriber to receive duplicate welcome emails.

Please how can I achieve this?

I'll appreciate any suggestions I can get.

Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by David To 15 March 2022, 16:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Nicholate Osinachi,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

If you plan on adding users to the same list that triggers your existing Welcome Series, an easier method than setting up a separate flow would be using a conditional split at the beginning of the existing Welcome Series flow. Instead of setting up a whole new flow for this lead magnet, you can set up a conditional split to evaluate the source of where these subscribers are coming from. This way, users who signup specific from this lead magnet can be brought down a new branch of the existing Welcome Series flow with a more curated experience. This will also prevent customers from accidentally receiving two separate flow baring any set up mistakes. 

@retention and @julie.accardo answered this previously in the below Community post which I’ve found really helpful!

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +3

Hello @Nicholate Osinachi,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

If you plan on adding users to the same list that triggers your existing Welcome Series, an easier method than setting up a separate flow would be using a conditional split at the beginning of the existing Welcome Series flow. Instead of setting up a whole new flow for this lead magnet, you can set up a conditional split to evaluate the source of where these subscribers are coming from. This way, users who signup specific from this lead magnet can be brought down a new branch of the existing Welcome Series flow with a more curated experience. This will also prevent customers from accidentally receiving two separate flow baring any set up mistakes. 

@retention and @julie.accardo answered this previously in the below Community post which I’ve found really helpful!

I hope this helps!

David

Thank you very for the tip. This was helpful!