Solved

How can i get existing profiles to submit phone number

• 4 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I want to start incorporating SMS into my Klaviyo and need to grow the SMS list.

I plan on targeting existing profiles with sms signup forms but I want to ramp up this effort by including something like a footer in my campaigns that informs my recipients to sign up for SMS but I don't know the instructions to put there

Do I tell them to go to my site and to see the form (this sounds dumb) or is there a code they can send to the phone to signup for SMS.

Any tips to help me that I don't know about?

Thank you!!!

icon

Best answer by David To 5 August 2022, 16:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Favewriter,

It’s awesome to hear that you’re starting to incorporate SMS into your Klaviyo marketing strategy!

I don’t think explicitly telling your customers (or hyperlinking) to subscribe via the the form on your website in your email is dumb at all. I’ve actually seen this work fairly well before. 

The more popular option though is to include a Click-to-Text Email Banners in your emails. Including a click-to-text banner in your emails is a more seamless way for users to subscribe to SMS when they are viewing the email on their mobile device. When clicked, the banner will launch your user’s preferred messaging app already with your SMS number and opt-in keyword in the content body pre-populated.

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +5

Hey @Favewriter,

It’s awesome to hear that you’re starting to incorporate SMS into your Klaviyo marketing strategy!

I don’t think explicitly telling your customers (or hyperlinking) to subscribe via the the form on your website in your email is dumb at all. I’ve actually seen this work fairly well before. 

The more popular option though is to include a Click-to-Text Email Banners in your emails. Including a click-to-text banner in your emails is a more seamless way for users to subscribe to SMS when they are viewing the email on their mobile device. When clicked, the banner will launch your user’s preferred messaging app already with your SMS number and opt-in keyword in the content body pre-populated.

I hope this helps!

David

This is very helpful, David. 

I am grateful!