Solved

How can I rebuild a cart in a replenishment flow?

• 14 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi there - I’ve searched throughout the Klaviyo community but have not been able to find an answer here. Does anyone have experience setting up replenishment flows for BigCommerce accounts, and having the links redirect to a cart populated with the previous order?

icon

Best answer by retention 21 October 2022, 18:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @danwhite95

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Would love to help you with this!

While a replenishment flow is pre-built into your account with a BigCommerce integration, it doesn’t natively recreate the cart like in an abandon cart flow as a replenishment flow uses different tags and triggers off a ‘Placed Order’ metric vs a ‘Started Checkout’ metric. However, you can easily add this into your message as the metric that triggers the flow, a Placed Order event, holds all the data you need to pull into a table to rebuild a customer’s cart.

You can accomplish this by recreating the table block, ensuring it’s a dynamic table, and use the  right tags for BigCommerce to populate the item details and image per our documentation.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi Taylor @Taylor Tarpley  - thanks for your feedback! I am able to rebuild the previous order in a table of the email, but I haven’t been able to create a button that directs the individual back to a pre-built cart for replenishment orders within bigcommerce. 

Is this function achievable as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @danwhite95,

Just wanted to chime in the, the good folks over at Arctic Leaf built this plugin:

Klaviyo Cart Rebuilder by Arctic Leaf

Although it’s a 3rd party plugin and I don’t have any experience with it myself, but I know and met the Arctic Leaf folks and they are a good development and Klaviyo Agency partner.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Badge

I think there is more to your problem that just having a rebuild cart key. It is unclear what would trigger a replenishment flow. Is it just part of the flow triggered by Placed order event after x amount days?

Will the replenishment be for the same line items of the Placed Order event that triggered this flow?

The tricky thing about it is that unlike Started Checkout, this is a brand new cart being created as opposed to an existing cart that is still pending awaiting for the user to make the purchase.

You would need a custom plugin to Woocomerce to make such a thing work in conjunction with Klaviyo. The custom plugin would need to expose an endpoint that could be linked in the Klaviyo flow emails. Klaviyo would pass that endpoint the order id of the Placed Order event and then this endpoint would create a new cart with the same contents of the previous order.

Does that explanation makes sense? I am not sure if such 3rd party plugin already exists or if you have the developer resources to implement such a thing

Badge +1

Thanks @KaydenRyder - this does make sense! I don’t have the developer resources but I am working with Arctic Leaf to plug this in to BigCommerce.

Badge

I think there is more to your problem that just having a rebuild cart key. It is unclear what would trigger a replenishment flow. Is it just part of the flow triggered by Placed order event after x amount days?

Will the replenishment be for the same line items of the Placed Order event that triggered this flow?

The tricky thing about it is that unlike Started Checkout, this is a brand new cart being created as opposed to an existing cart that is still pending awaiting for the user to make the purchase.

You would need a custom plugin to Woocomerce to make such a thing work in conjunction with Klaviyo. The custom plugin would need to expose an endpoint that could be linked in the Klaviyo flow emails. Klaviyo would pass that endpoint the order id of the Placed Order event and then this endpoint would create a new cart with the same contents of the previous order.

Does that explanation makes sense? I am not sure if such 3rd party plugin already exists or if you have the developer resources to implement such a thing.