Solved

How Can I Set Up Abandoned Cart flow emails to not send to Awaiting Payment orders (Bigcommerce) ?

• 21 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I have just opened up wholesale ordering on my website via customer groups in Bigcommerce (wholesale customers required to log in). They have the option of a 30 day account for payment which is then sending them into Awaiting Payment - and thus firing the Abandoned Cart flow. How can I stop the abandoned cart emails from going to those that are Awaiting Payment? 
Is there a way to eliminate certain customer groups in the flow; or eliminate Awaiting Payment people? 
To clarify, retail customers do not have the 30 day account option and pay upfront. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi 21 October 2021, 16:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @NicolaKEG, thanks for reaching out to the Community today!

I’d recommend trying a flow filter that excludes anyone in your BigCommerce wholesale customer group.

BigCommerce Customer Groups are stored as a Custom Property in Klaviyo. So when creating a flow filter, select Properties about someone and look for Customer Group and choose your group. The filter settings will likely default to equals and a text data type, change that to doesn’t equal. You may need to adjust the data type as well to ensure it is working properly if customer groups is stored as a list data type. You can learn more about data types here.

You can test the logic of your flow filter to ensure you are excluding your wholesale customers by using the Preview Trigger Setup option when you select your trigger. This will show you recent profiles that abandoned a cart and whether they qualify for your flow based on your filters. If you see that a wholesale customer is getting a green check mark, you may need to adjust the data type to list and use doesn’t contain instead of doesn’t equal.

I hope this helps!

Badge +2

Thanks Julia, that’s great. 

Badge +1

Did it work?

Badge +2

Hi KateM, I thought it did and now I’ve gone in to snip a screenshot for you and have realised the flow doesn’t have anyone going through it! So looks like it’s actually not working - so glad you asked this question!  
It ended up looking like this in the Trigger:

@Julia.LiMarzi could you possibly help further? I’m wondering if because my shoppers are either Wholesale or have no list assigned to them (they’re the retail customers) is that stuffing it up? 

Thanks
Nicola 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @NicolaKEG,

Thanks for sharing. Are your retail customers also assigned a customer group in BigCommerce?  

I’m thinking that if the flow is checking for the property BigCommerce: Customer Group, and then checking for the property value. If you’re other customers are not assigned to a customer group, they may be blocked from the flow because there is no customer group and it breaks the logic. 

As it is Black Friday Weekend, what I recommend doing in the short term is removing that second condition so you can capture abandoned carts for your retail customers. 

Do you have another way to differentiate wholesale customers? For example, if you have separate product listings for wholesale customers, you can filter out carts with those products using the item category if you have them grouped in your store. That condition would be a Trigger Filter, such as Item categories > contains > [category name], just ensure the name exactly matches what is in the event data. You can double check by going to your Analytics tab > Metrics > Started Checkout > Activity Feed and then Filter by Item Category and you’ll see a dropdown with all the categories Klaviyo has previously received data for. 

I hope this helps!

Badge +2

Hi Julia, Thanks for that. My retail customers aren’t assigned to a group, they’re just the default blank, so that’s probably what’s caused the issue. 

I do have wholesale products under a different category so that might work. I’ll give it a go. 

Thanks so much

Nicola