Solved

How can we write in email how many days are left relative to contact’s date field? 

• 4 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi Guys,

How can we write in email how many days are left relative to contact’s date field? 

For example: 

The name of the field is: {{ person|lookup:'ESA Expiration Date'|default:'' }} and for a specific customer the date equal to 8\13\2021, so we would be able to use the number 9 in the email. (Because we have 9 days until the 8\13\2021)

Thank you

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 7 August 2021, 18:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Ofir,

Thanks for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community! I’ve listed a few solutions below to get you started:

• You can set up a date triggered flow to trigger x days before the expiration date. So in theory, you could have a flow that triggers off of expiration date and have it fire 10 days before the expiration date. The first email in the flow would have in the email template “you have 10 days left,” you can then, hypothetically, add a 5 day delay and then have the second email in the thread you can include the language “you have 5 days left” etc.
  • Rather than doing a countdown, you could just send an email that pulls in the expiration date and use the language of “Your offer is going to expire on X”
  • Apply custom django logic, however, I think you would need to automatically update today’s date as a profile property as well so that the django logic can subtract the expiration date from today’s date in order to get x days left automatically for each email template. In order to explore this option, you would need to work with a developer that can assist you with this setup if you aren’t a developer yourself. We do have an extensive agency partner network that you can utilize to find a developer if you need. 

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Julie