Solved

how do i populate email 1 in a flow when email 2 is working fine

• 15 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I’m new and have a install klaviyo to my shopify store. Previously the email list from shopify was with automizely and when I changed to klaviyo everything populated smoothly to profile. but I could not populate the profiles to my newsletter list so I  imported the cvs file instead.

Now I have created a flow with email 1 and email 2 to work with the segment that is populated from the cvs file. 

in the same flow with the same segment list; email 1 fired but didnt have any addresses but email 2 has address. how in the world do I get the address on email 1? 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 15 September 2021, 22:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @stacy welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

In order to get users who may have missed an email in a sequence of a flow, we would have to back populate the flow. By following our help article, this will help back-fill users who may have missed an email in your flow. If you want more details on how back-populating works, read How Back-Populating Works in Klaviyo.

A side question, do you happen to have any analytics in the first flow email logged i.e. skips? This would help find reasons why the flow email #1 was not sent but #2 was. If not, I would continue to back populate to retroactively fill folks from the top down. That would be using the “schedule recipients relative to when I click the back populate button” option.

Hope this helped and thanks for being a part of the Community,

Alex

Badge +2

@alex.hong this is NOT WORKING. and when i tried to scale the video large I had to close and accept the dialog box saying the problem is resolve. It is not. I have back populated alot all different ways and the waiting still says 0

Badge +2

@alex.hong ok now somehow it just clicked into place and it’s looks like it populated. but this is after trying to back populating yesterday and today. thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@alex.hong ok now somehow it just clicked into place and it’s looks like it populated. but this is after trying to back populating yesterday and today. thanks

Hi @stacy ,

No problem glad to hear everything worked out! We have great resources in our help center and community to utilize for future problems as well.

Take care,

Alex