Solved

How to add a birthday sign up form to an email flow (to collect birthdays)?

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have read the article ‘how to collect customer existing birthday’, but I still have a question about the 3rd point of the list in that article which is:

• Add a Birthday Email into any of your existing flows.  Add a conditional Split Trigger to check the Birthday value, if it’s empty, send an email to remind someone to provide a Birthday.  This would be great in your Welcome Series or your Post Purchase Series.

What I did already is: I made an email and conditional split trigger to check the birthday value (in the welcome series email flow), I made sign-up form to fill in the birthday value, there’s already a ‘birthday property’ and I made a segment/list for birthday people.
However, I don’t know how to add the sign-up form to to the email, so people can be redirected to the sign up form on the website and are able to fill in their birthday. What I mean is that when the reader receives the ‘ fill-in-your-birthday email’ (some time after they signed up for the newsletter), the reader is able to click a button in that email and gets to the signup form where he/she can fill in the birthday date. 

Does anyone know if that is possible and how to do it (otherwise)?

Thanks in advance!

Luna

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 15 August 2022, 23:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Excessive,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

For this to work, I would recommend creating a sign up from on your site and adding a link to the signup from on your site in the reminder email of your conditional split. Then you can redirect users to your site and have them fill the form there.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi @Excessive,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

For this to work, I would recommend creating a sign up from on your site and adding a link to the signup from on your site in the reminder email of your conditional split. Then you can redirect users to your site and have them fill the form there.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response. Okay, then I have another question. Would it be possible to only go to that sign up-form on the website when people click the link in their ‘fill in your birthday’-email they receive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

I think I’m a bit confused with the question @Excessive .

If you just add a link to your “fill in your birthday email” then wouldn’t customers automatically get redirected from your email to that page with a form on it?