Solved

How to add client's purchase in a review flow?

Badge +2

Hi 

I’ve trying to add the client’s recent purchase to the email template so I can set up a flow to request reviews of their purchases. I’ve added in the content, however, customers are saying they can’t see the link? Is there any special coding required for this block? Please help. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 5 July 2022, 16:36

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

thank you for your reply. I think we have fixed the issue. Also are we able to run campaign to include the review option or is it just for flow? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @toniaxu , the link is broken.

Go to your account settings and remove the forward slash (/) in your website URL.

Why?

To make each of your subscriber get a unique email based on their purchase product (a dynamic content), Klaviyo fills in your website URL using {{ organization.url }} tag, without a forward slash(/) at then end.

On the other hand, the url in your account settings has a forward slash (/) at the end so it doesn't actually reflect in there.

​​​​​​This should resolve the issue,

Cheers,

Edgar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @toniaxu,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

When you say they cannot see the link, do you know if they mean they cannot click on “Review this item” at all? It doesn’t display at all, or if they click on that part of the email, it leads them to an error page or something similar?

If you double-click the hyperlinked text, you’ll be able to access the anchor link. By default we use this line of code:

{{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/products/{{ item.product.handle }}#reviews

which will lead to the product page for the item. 

I recommend testing yourself by sending a preview email to yourself to ensure the link is populating as it should. You may want to consider testing on separate email clients as well.

Also, check Block Styles for the block to ensure the entire block is set to show on both mobile and desktop. My other thought is that it’s set to Desktop only and there are users viewing on their mobile devices or vice versa.

Also, you can see which blocks will display on mobile by clicking the mobile icon in the top-right hand side of the editor.

I hope that’s helpful.