Solved

How to change prices to reflect Quebec's pricing format (i.e. 8,99$)

• 15 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Hi there, 

How can I change the dynamic product block to be showcasing the prices as 9,99$ instead of $9.99?

{{ item.product.title }}

Quantité: {{ item.quantity|floatformat:0 }} — Total: {% currency_format item.line_price|floatformat:2 %}

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by David To 16 September 2022, 16:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Broderickash,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Since we’re dealing with a dynamic price field here, this would actually go back to how your price fields are formatted in your ecommerce backend. In short, it sounds like the price format you have listed in your ecomemrce backend is 9.99. This means if you wish to use a comma instead of a period so the format reads 9,99, you’ll want to make those adjustments in your ecommerce backend.

The currency data on the other hand would need to be added as suffix manually. Natively, Klaviyo will display the currency symbol only as a prefix. For this reason, I would recommend adjusting your code to omit the $ prefix and instead simply manually add the $ symbol at the end as a static suffix. 

Alternatively, you can also try recoding how that value displays using a series of filters and logic, similar to what was discussed in the below Community post:

I’ve also shared some other Community posts below that I think you may find helpful in reformatting your price value:

I hope this helps!

David