Solved

How to Create a Flow to Automatically Send Every Month?

• 4 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello! I want to create a flow that starts every first on the month and sends one email per week. What trigger should I use?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 7 October 2021, 18:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @KonstantinaSatori,

Welcome to the Community! Glad to have you here as we are a great resource for answering these types of questions :)

Klaviyo unfortunately doesn't have a feature for a recurring flow.  You can set up a flow that follow up after a month, and duplicate this logic as many times as you'd like, but there isn't a "recurring infinitely" feature at this time.

To work around this, you have a few options:

1.  Pick a day of the month to send a campaign to this segment of profiles

2. Create a flow that sends A LOT of emails with a 1 month wait between each email.

I would suggest the first option of sending a campaign because a profile technically can't qualify for a list/segment triggered flow a second time, so a user who uses their points then earns points at a later dat wouldn't move back through the flow. The workaround to bulk send a campaign on a specific day and then create a segment such as "received email X" to trigger a flow off of would be fine. But, keep in mind because this would be a segment triggered flow customers would only be able to receive the experience once.

Hope this helped!

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Expanding on what @alex.hong  already mentioned, you can also just schedule all the Campaigns of a month ahead of time to the Segment you want to receive the email.

Badge +2

Dear @alex.hong and @retention thank you for your answers.

By pick a day of the month to send a campaign to this segment of profiles, what do you mean? How do I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @KonstantinaSatori,

You can certainly schedule Flows to get sent out at certain dates or times. You do this by adding a Time Delay to the Flow, and checking off the boxes to delay until a time of day or day(s) of the week:
?name=inline1376396368.png

One thing you cannot do is set the exact date (ie. send flow on Oct 20, 2021). If you wanted to do that, you should use Campaigns instead of Flows.

Here are some helpful articles that go into this process in greater detail (I'll also include more info on campaigns as well):

Hope this helped!

Alex