Solved

How to double check product links are working in Browse Abandonment Flow?

• 2 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge +4
  • Active Contributor I
  • 10 replies

Hello, 

I’ve just set up a Browse Abandonment Flow using the Klaviyo template for this. I’m ready to go live but I wanted to double check the links are going to work. I’ve tested it in the Preview but when I click on the product link it goes to a 404 page. I presume this is because it’s not live? Or are my links broken?

This is what I’ve done…

Here’s the code of the image:

Is that Link URL correct? I’m guessing that might be the issue. Any ideas what URL should be there?

And for the text:

Code is:

<p style="text-align: center;"><a href="http://{{ event.Name }}"><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">{{ event.Name }}</span></strong></a></p>

<p style="text-align: center;"><strong style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: 18px;">{{ event.Price }}</span></strong></p>

And the button:

Code is:

Do I need to update my links?

Thanks very much for your help. 

Jin :blush:

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 5 November 2021, 18:37

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Jin 

Thank you so much for reaching out the Klaviyo Community for help with your Browse Abandonment Flow. Happy to help you figure out what’s going on!

The first thing you will want to do is verify that you added the correct “Viewed Product” tracking snippet into your ecommerce store. The code varies depending on which integration you use, the guide that i included will walk you through which code to use and how to check it.

Next, when you add web tracking to your site, Klaviyo is only able to track the browsing activity of "known browsers," i.e., browsers who have visited and engaged at least once before. There are two key ways we are able to identify a site visitor: if someone has clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website or if someone has subscribed or opted in through a Klaviyo form. Anonymous browsers are not tracked. If they haven’t done either of these two steps the product block will not populate.

Also, please check that your product block is set to static and not set to dynamic as dynamic product blocks only works in Abandoned Cart Flows and not in Browse Abandonment Flow. The syntax you are using to pull the product into the email are correct for this flow but the block settings may be the reason it isn’t populating when you are testing the flow. 

Check out these other Community post that may help you in solving why your flow isn’t populating correctly. 

Hope this helps get your flow up and running for your customers. Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +4

Hi @stephen.trumble thanks for your help with this. 

I’ve installed the “Viewed Product” tracking to the liquid file in Shopify. That seems to be set up correctly. 

The product block is set to static too so hopefully that’s ok. If I preview the email in Klaviyo it is populating with a product so that’s great. But the links don’t work.

If I send myself a test email, and click on the product link, this is where I get the ‘page not found’ message looks like this:

If I click on the SHOP NOW button - it doesn’t link anywhere and same with the product image. I just want to make sure that these are going to work when I set it live - but perhaps you can’t test this unless it’s live? 

But could this be because this is a test email and not that my links are broken? I just want to double check this before setting it live. Let me know what you think.

Many thanks,

Jinny

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Jin 

After some further investigation and conversation with the Klaviyo Community team I realized I missed the main issue with your dynamic table block. The Link URL you are using is {{ event.Name }} which would actually just pull in www.PRODUCT_NAME.com . that's gonna be the core issue. Steps three through five of the guide to dynamic table blocks will help you identify the Collection and add dynamic product information from that collection to use the proper syntax. Hope this helps clarify things more for you and my apologies for missing this earlier! 

Badge +4

ok thanks @stephen.trumble - it’s really tricky as I don’t have the new editor. I don't suppose you have a link to instructions for the old editor? I’ll try and figure out how to set this up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

ok thanks @stephen.trumble - it’s really tricky as I don’t have the new editor. I don't suppose you have a link to instructions for the old editor? I’ll try and figure out how to set this up.

Hey @Jin 

Absolutely, here is the Help Center article How to Build Dynamic Table Block (original editor)!

Badge +4

Hi @stephen.trumble 

Thanks for helping. I’m still having a few problems though. I have managed to fix the URL issue - which now works if I put this in the Link: (just in case anyone else has the problem)

The issue I have now is a repeating product block - over and over, the data source is set like this:

Do you know why it would be repeating and how to get it to just show once?

Thanks again!

Jinny

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Jin 

From the looks of your screenshots you need to set the block to static instead of dynamic. This should stop it from repeating!

Badge +4

oh wow, that’s fixed it! Thanks @stephen.trumble 

I thought the table had to be dynamic but it’s all working as a static one now. Thanks very much for your help. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

oh wow, that’s fixed it! Thanks @stephen.trumble 

I thought the table had to be dynamic but it’s all working as a static one now. Thanks very much for your help. :sweat_smile:

That’s great news!! I’m so glad we were able to work together to get your product block working for your business!! Thank you so much for being an active member in the Klaviyo Community!

Using the new editor and the static product table for abandoned cart help worked great, but can’t get the product image to come in. As a static table, doesn’t appear I can add a “Placeholder” image in new editor like I could in the old editor. I’ve tried every possible option, including my own jpeg. Nothing works, please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @kara123 

Thank you so much for following up on this thread! Quick question for you, how do you have your product catalog set up? are there multiple variations of the same item? are the organized by SKUs or product names? Sometimes the event variable needs to be changed if there are alot of products sharing the same name as the system doesn't know which one to pull unless we are more specific.

Badge +2

Hi Stephen, related question….

For the “recommended” product feed at the bottom of the Browse email (where we recommend “other best sellers”), is there a way for that Catalogue Feed to automatically NOT include the product that they viewed? If I have my feed to show most popular product, and they viewed the most popular product, they are getting the main product block of what they viewed, and the first image in the recommended is of the same product. Any suggestions are much appreciated!