Solved

How to exclude subscription orders from the revenue reports?

• 7 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Guys I have some clients subscribed to my coffee program and I’ve been sending some marketing emails and realise that klaviyo took those orders that were in those days (by coincidence) and took like “$100” in sales and attributed it to the email campaign.

This is not accurate because I know they’ve been automatically charged by our subscription program so they didnt buy because the campaign. How can I exclude this purchases from the campaigns report to make it more accurate? Im using the appstle subscription app for shopify. 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 8 June 2022, 00:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @anagaby_gomez,

Welcome to the Community!

When this subscription data comes in to your Klaviyo account, are the profiles tagged in any sort of way to indicate that their profile attributed revenue is a reneval?

When calculating revenue, Klaviyo cannot decipher between Shopify Placed Order metrics that were placed independently of a recurring subscription. They all appear as the same type of Shopify Placed Order metrics within Klaviyo. That said, the ability to filter out recurring subscriptions is a widely requested feature, and I have submitted your valuable feedback to our Product Team for future consideration.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to create a completely separate custom order event that only fires for non-recurring placed orders. Then, you could use that custom event in reporting. This requires knowledge of APIs and custom coding to pass custom placed order events into Klaviyo that exclude recurring subscription events.

Once Klaviyo has received this information, you could use this custom event as your metric for measuring revenue / conversions. If you want to explore this option, please refer to our guides for sending custom events into Klaviyo:

Guide to Integrating a Standard Ecommerce Platform

Getting Started with Klaviyo APIs

Track and Identify API Reference

How Information Is Exchanged between Klaviyo and Apps

API Overview

If you do not have access to a developer, then please consider our robust community of partner agencies to assist with this. You can browse our Klaviyo Agency Directory to decide which option is best suited for you.

All the best,

Alex